Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Bitch Magazine Intern app

Bitch Magazine was recently seeking an intern.

I may not be as experienced with illustration and InDesign (I actually only just have worked with them in class since... early October), I decided to give the application a shot.

Whether or not I get called back (chances are slim considering my lack of experience), the project was fun and I learned a few things.

I decided to design my own Bitch magazine and mailed in the application.

For the cover, I got my friends to do a fashion shoot with me where I had them pose in different directions.



After that, I brought it back hope and upped the levels, brightness, and crispness of the picture on photoshop. I also manipulated the colors so I had a nice relationship between warm and cool, Reds and Greens.

I proceeded to work with illustrator using the image as the cover. I couldn't find the Bitch Magazine's font, so I manipulated the font that was closest to it so it looked similar.

And there you have it. :)

No comments:

Followers